This type of treatment focuses solely on the feet. The pressure is applied to the specific areas of the foot which, according to theory, correspond to organs and systems of the body. It is used for relaxation, alleviating pain in soles and arches and improving the functioning of organs. Through the application of appropriate pressure and the massaging of certain spots on the feet, all corresponding body parts are energised and rejuvenated. Reflexologists use foot maps to guide their work. The left foot represents the organs found on the left side of the body and the right foot represents the organs on the right side.
• eliminates stress
• alleviates chronic and acute pain from a wide variety of sources
• reduces the symptoms of many different ailments
• removes toxins in the corresponding parts of the body
• boosts the immune system and circulation
• speeds up the healing process